Monday 15 June 2009

Odds and ends - and yet another monkey...

I wonder what percentage of my blog posts so far have the word 'monkey' in the title... I hope you're not getting bored. Don't worry, monkeys are just one part of today's ramblings.

Firstly....

The other day one of our neighbours, who has a son at elementary school, came round with bags of little boys' clothes to pass on to K. I had great fun going through it all on Sunday morning, sorting out the summer clothes that will fit K this year. I felt like I had my own personal jumble sale! Look at all this generously donated stuff:


Next...

Sunday afternoon brought Lisa, Cian and Jason here for Scrabble. It was great to just relax and hang out with some friends. Scrabble was fun too of course - in fact, board games in general could well have been one of my 6 favourite things if I had thought about it. Sunday's games led to the coining of the phrase 'Magpie Scrabble' - stealing other peoples' treasures by simply adding an 's' or 'ed' onto a word and getting millions of points. The sort of thing that seems lazy and unfair when others do it but an absolute stroke of genius if you think of it yourself...

And then...

H came rushing in from the garden the other day to grab the camera in order to show you all this:

Can you see what it is? Loads of tiny, newly-hatched, praying mantises (manti?). They were really quite cute.

And finally, this:


Yes, it is the tail of yet another monkey. Katharine at Woolly Wotnots , who got my Strawberry Sock Monkey in the monkey swap, has encouraged me to make some more sock monkeys to go in my Etsy shop. So on Saturday morning I headed off to our local sock emporium and in the afternoon made a start on Purple Striped Monkey. He should be in the shop in a few days time and after that I've got another, different, striped pair of socks and one with polka-dots on, both destined to meet a distinctly simian fate.





No comments:

Post a Comment