Sunday 20 June 2010

At the weekend


Another weekend, another park. This one is halfway up Mount Daisen. Saturday was overcast but very hot and humid, but it was a lot more comfortable up there.


It was the first time we'd taken K there (although I did once go with Lily, eons ago...) and it was great. He could manage most of the play equipment, even if we doubted that he could, and there were lots of slides, his favourite thing at the moment.


Lots of wide open spaces to run about in too. I suspect we'll be heading up there to try to escape from the heat quite often in the next month. The restaurant we stopped at for lunch might see us again too...


Although it was cloudy all day on Saturday, it didn't rain. Today started bright and sunny so I hung out some washing, but it was raining by lunchtime...

Nevertheless, H got a lot of weeding done and tended to his vegetables and climbing plants. Sadly, the climbing plants are not as enthusiastic about their mission to create shade for us as we had hoped. At this rate there won't be any shade on the patio until August, when K and I won't even be here, so I bought a sudare, a kind of screen made of reeds, and H and I rigged it up this morning. It's not really big enough but it's not bad, and for 500 yen I think it was a sound investment.

And after much um-ing and ah-ing, and disregarding of parental advice, I bought some patio furniture. We've actually got 4 chairs, and cushions to go on them, but for now I just set out 2. I intend to sit out there and have my breakfast each morning, depending on the weather and what time K gets up...


Meanwhile, K was in training for some footie with Grandad later in the summer...


Today also brought a tricycle for K! We have collected lots of points from the bags of nappies that K uses, and sent them off for a tricycle months ago. It was finally delivered this morning and we took it out for a little ride to the shrine and H's parents' house.

It has a handle at the back for an adult to push, which also controls the steering. And to K's delight it also has a squeaky horn! He's looking rather concerned here, but he loves it and wanted to bring it back into the house to ride too.


After taking this picture I peeled off the 'Goon' (nappy brand. I know.) sticker, and H stuck it on his shirt. And there it stayed until H noticed it in the mirror of the restaurant toilets at lunchtime! Hee hee...

H's parents weren't in when we passed by their house, but the cat (who they've been feeding every day for at least a year but is still considered a 'stray') was there. K enjoyed stroking him and I think the cat liked it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment