Thursday 2 December 2010

K starts school

Phase One of next year's Operation Spend More and Earn Less (yes, I'm afraid you did read that correctly) has gone into effect; K started at the international preschool today. He went there for a trial day a couple of weeks ago and had a great time, so we decided to suck it up and hand over the cash...

Unlike the all-or-nothing 'normal' preschools, this one is quite flexible so K will be attending part-time. The class for 2 to 3 year olds meets 3 half-days a week, but K will be going for 2 full-days instead. He'll spend the morning with the other little ones and then have lunch and early afternoon activities with the slightly older children. Since he is used to being in an all-English environment with me anyway, it looks like he'll get along fine in the bigger kids class, and I think he'll benefit from it.

'Full-day' actually means 9.30 till 2.30 and I have matched his days at school with the days I am working so all this doesn't actually mean any more free time for me, but I think K will have a great time. Already today he came home singing 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas', and chattering about what he'd been doing at school. Until now he's been spending one day a week at a daycare centre where he is one of the oldest children, and I think he's outgrown it now. When asked what he did, or what happened there, his standard answer is 'babies cried'...

No comments:

Post a Comment