Monday 24 January 2011

Goodies from New Zealand!


The other day the postman brought me this lovely parcel of goodies from Hanna of Craftykin. I had commented on all her wonderful opp-shop/thrift shop/charity shop finds, and she offered to send me some! I offered to send her some Japanese craft books and odds and ends in return and so a swap was born... Here's what I found when I opened the parcel:


I couldn't believe the number of things that she managed to fit in that parcel! Let's have a closer look...

A tea towel destined for my kitchen, and some great vintage linens calling out to be re-purposed into, well, something. The detail in that embroidery is beautiful.


Some child-orientated goodies - K is loving that little sheep finger puppet...


A set of five little cards made with the coolest vintage flower prints. Hand-made by Hanna maybe??


Some lovely ribbon and lacy edging, plus a tiny pair of scissors. So cute.



And look at this! A little booklet of patterns for soft toys, even older than the dinosaur one I have :-) It's got some great ideas in it, although I must admit that the doll on the front scares me a little... Plus a little purse that definitely was made by Hanna (it has her cool Craftykin label inside) and a little tissue case - I didn't even know that they existed outside of Japan!


Thank you Hanna, for suggesting this swap and for your kindness and generosity. When a virtual stranger thousands of miles away offers to send you a present out of the goodness of their heart, it does a lot to help you believe that the world is not such a bad place after all...





1 comment:

  1. xx that was such fun, I'm glad you liked your wee parcel. Thankyou so much again for the wonderful things that you sent my way!

    ReplyDelete