Sunday 4 September 2011

We're back!

You may have noticed that I didn't quite manage to follow my plan to post once a week during our trip to the UK.... But, if there is still anyone actually out there reading this, I thought that you might like to know that we went, had a great time and have arrived home safely again.

We got back here on Thursday night but so far have managed little more than unpacking, laundry, going out to eat and avoiding the typhoon. We've all been hit by jet-lag and of course when the little boys don't sleep, neither do I. K is fast asleep in bed now though, so keep your fingers crossed for a good night tonight.

And as for our actual trip? Well, I do intend to show you lots of pictures and tell you all about it in excruciating detail but just in case I don't (imagine that eh?), here's a little summary...

We spent three months based at my parents' house in Cornwall, visiting lots of friends and family and showing off lovely baby T (and his big brother too of course). While we were there, H, T and I went on two little mini-holidays, to Edinburgh and to Prague, leaving K at home with his doting grandparents. We also spent a few days in Wales visiting my sister and her partner, stayed with friends near Oxford for a while, and met up with another old friend in Gloucester. We had lots of lovely days out with Mum and Dad, H and I went out for dinner together a couple of times without children, I went to my school reunion and sometimes the weather was even good enough for a barbecue! And of course there was lots of shopping: clothes, toys and books for K and T, and an extra suitcase to try and get some of it back to Japan...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back!! Welcome home, I missed you. Lots of photos please, as the fog lifts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I was wondering how the paternity leave went. That is so rare here. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome back ladies! It's good to be back - I think I can honestly say that now, now that we have all recovered from the journey, the jetlag and the change in climate. Actually I think I'm still recovering from that last one...

    Always afraid that I'm missing out on something, I am slowly working my way through both of your blogs to see what you've been up to over the last few months. Hope that doesn't sound too stalker-ish!

    ReplyDelete