Sunday 8 January 2012

December days

Not surprisingly, the times I have lots to tell you about are the times when I'm too busy to post. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that December was busy. I composed lots of blog posts in my head, usually in the shower, but never actually got around to writing anything. So here's the Reader's Digest version, just to give you a little taste of the days leading up to Christmas here in the Monkey household.

The month started like this...


... and went on to cover things like this...





...and increasing amounts of this:



One of our advent calendars this year was made up of activities to do with K, such as this...



and this:



There was quite a lot of this sort of thing...



...and this too:



We made flowers for the concert guests...



...and then it was finally time to hang up the stockings:


There were lots of things that didn't make the photographic cut too, like our annual potluck party (topping last year's, with 42 attendees), a couple of Christmas concerts and school parties.

And of course Christmas Day itself, and the all important concert; but they are stories for another day.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pinecone Christmas trees! It looks and sounds like you had a fun holiday. Sure wish we would get some snow down here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty haircut with fringe and new colour, Diane! Darker hair colour suits you really well! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and the xmas trees out of pine cones are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments Anonymous, whoever you may be...

    Actually this is my natural hair colour, but so is my blonder profile picture too! I guess it varies from photo to photo, and it tends to get a bit lighter in the summer too. I like having a fringe but I had't had a haircut for 6 months and it had disappeared...

    ReplyDelete