Tuesday 26 February 2013

Valentine's Day

Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day? We didn't really, but the boys did make some hearts to decorate the living room. I cut out lots of paper hearts, then the boys painted one half and folded them to make symmetrical prints. T got really into it, choosing colours and splodging the paint on. K approached it differently, painting careful lines and patterns onto his paper.




Once they were dry we taped them onto some string and hung them up at the living room window.



We also wrote a list of things that each boy loves. K and I decided T's list between us, and then K told me what he loves. I thought it would be fun to do this every year and build up a collection of hearts showing the boys' interests over time.


K takes a packed lunch on Thursdays, so I thought I'd make it a little bit special on Valentine's Day, putting heart-shaped carrots, cheese and mini-tomatoes on top of the rice. I very rarely put any kind of dessert into K's lunch, but this time I added one (1) individually wrapped chocolate. After school K told me that his teacher said I must never do that again. Sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment